Saturday, January 10, 2009

Skins

Ok.. I had to put a plug in for "Skins" compression apparel. I got a pair of the half tights before CIM and have been using them for post long run recovery. My friend, coach, mentor Alan R swears by them and I am a new convert! I cant say enough about the benefits of wearing these after a long run. Now Alan says he wears his (the long ones) for 24 hours after a long run.. I just cant go that far.. BUT.. I have found they help the recovery incredibly. I did 21 miles during the CIM Relay, wore the half tights the rest of the day and Monday I felt like I hadnt run at all! Amazing stuff. To paraphrase my good friend Ferris Bueller "I highly reccomend picking one up if you have the means" :-)



3 comments:

CewTwo said...

Hi! I'm Charlie White of What's a Few Miles Among Friends? blogsite - http://runningmates.blogspot.com/. You are very welcome to join our group! I will add you to the January VRR chart on Monday or Tuesday. We will add your blogsite on the sidebar under the event calendar.
Leave a comment to record your miles run (read the instructions) You can leave me an e-mail (cewtwo@gmail.com) or a message about events you are registered for and I'll add them to the Event calendar.
Let me know!
Also - Listen to the Runner's Round Table on the 14th to hear some members of the group being interviewed about their Disney experiences!

Tina Mickelson said...

Hey Ed, I'm part of the what's a few miles among friends?! It would be very cool to have you (and your miles *wink*wink*)as part of our group. Hmmm.... are there girls skins too? Thanks for the plug, it sure makes me think that taking care of two little monkeys of my own would be a bit more tolerable if I could walk the day or two after a long run. LOL

Tina Mickelson said...

Hey local Howler Monkey... take your miles on your long weekend runs this month on over to charlie (cewtwo) and deposit them into our miles bank.

Good to see you today! You are going to ROCK PARIS!