Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday and end of year wrap up

Well it was a crazy year.. and crazy busy holiday season.. jingle bell runs


and a great turn out for the Flying Monkeys Hash House Harriers 1st Annual Charity Run!

We garnered a TON of stuff for the local homeless family shelter The Torres Shelter and had a great turn out that ended up with everyone at Cafe Coda.. and great new eatery in Chico.
And the years ends with 1,073 miles under my belt and right now I am just 12 weeks out from "Le Marathon de Paris!"
I have made a ton of new friends through starting the Hash House Harriers group in Chico, new "busmates" from C.I.M, and really made special friends out of those "acquaintences" at the start of the year and ended 2008 on a upside pretty much all around.
Special thanks and hugs to everyone who supported me, befriended me and all around made my life terrific. You are too many to mention without worrying about leaving someone important out.
Stay tuned for tales and tribulations as I ramp up for the race in April.
Happy New Year.. and happy running- Ed

2 comments:

Tina Mickelson said...

ED so glad to find you here! I hope to make it to more FMH3 runs soon. It will be so inspirational to read about your journey over the next 12 weeks to Paris, then the big race report. We're missing you at the half program.

a13pt1runner said...

I hate not getting to run with you all.. it was a treat catchin up today! :-) I am hoping I can sneak in with you all over the next few weeks! ;-)