Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Sizzler and onward

Well it seems I have rested enough.. time to set some new goals and get back in the swing of things. During Reno Tahoe Odyssey I met some fantastic new friends and one of them, Brian Hamilton graciously built me a fantastic training plan for the California International Marathon. This week also started the Fleet Feet Chico Summer 10k training group so I will be chronicling the progress toward the goal for that program's goal, The Summer Sizzler 10k here in Chico as well as progress into the fall half marathon season as all of that goes into my build up for C.I.M.

Todays run was a "easy" 6 miles with the last mile at 10K pace. Weather was perfect and logged negative splits 8:46/8:36/8:09/8:03/7:58 and 7:04 for that last mile. That puts the total for the week at 24.5 miles and keeps things right on track. Switching my long runs to Sundays or Fridays for a few weeks and tomorrow will be a 10miler with some of the group.

I have recently been trying out the Cwx compression shorts for Fleet Feet and I have to say I love these things. VERY comfortable to wear and really support your upper leg muscles. I still swear by my "Skins" for recovery but check out the Cwx shorts. Their website advertises 26& less energy expenditure than regular tights and 36% less than regular shorts. I don't know if I can calibrate them that closely but they do feel like I have more energy during the run.

Next weekend is the Western States 100 miler and since that is still quite a ways off for me... yours truly will be competing in the "Mudskipper" bike/run obstical race here locally. Sure there will be some hiliarous pics from the finish line mud pit up on my Facebook page!

Keep Running! Enjoy your summer and stay tuned and hydrated!

1 comment:

Tina Mickelson said...

Is Teri going up to document the Mudskipper for you?

I'm so glad to be running with my buddies again!